Let's start by looking at what the company has to say about it!
- Ergonomic neck contouring, luxurious plush fleece with microbead cushioning for maximum comfort and provides great head, neck, shoulder, side, back and leg support, reduce the aches and pains of travel. Unique design accommodates both seated and reclined passengers in airplanes, trains and autos.
- 6-mode invigorating vibration massage feature helps to ease stiffness and tension while kneading away muscle tension, pain and fatigue, improve blood circulation, quickly release arteries and veins, stiffness, tiredness and paralysis. 20-minute Auto Shut-Off to ensure safety at all times.
- Patented headrest elastic strap makes it easy to mount in between headrest and car seat to be a car neck massage pillow (fits any car headrest). Easy to attach to any luggage with pull handle without taking up extra space for easy transportation.
- Ultra soft and relaxing, portable, durable and lightweight. Ideal travel companion. Perfect for traveling by airplane, train, car or home, office use. Wear-resistant polyester and spandex bottom cover.
- Battery operated: 2 AA size batteries (not included). Weight: 7 oz. Size: 11 x 12 x 3.75 inches.
First, this thing is really soft. It has that comfy beaded feel. No, that's not describing it right. It's like those tiny foam beads that are in stuffed things. It's really quite comfortable.
You cycle through the massage settings, which is a good way to experience them all if you weren't inclined to check them all out in the first place. There is a nice variety and they all feel great when you're stuck in the car for a long or even traveling via plane.
I never attached mine to a headrest, but it works great without one. My batteries didn't last too long, but that could be because my two kids decided it was the coolest thing in the world and therefore had to use it every chance they got! So it is totally something that kids can work too and it's not like they can hurt it, just burn through the batteries faster.
So far, it hasn't held any smells and has remained fresh smelling.
In short, this neck travel pillow is great. If you fall asleep it's supportive, it massages you, kids can use it, it's easy to use, and doesn't smell funky! I'd say WIN. Definitely worth getting if you're in the market for a travel pillow!