Let's start with what the company has to say about it:
- Records steps, distance, speed, calories and time with the world's most advanced Tri-Axis technology.
- 3 Recording Modes: Today, Split & Total -- with a split screen display for multi-data views.
- New 3D Tri-Axis Sensor (X, Y, Z plane detection) provides superior accuracy in any position.
- Counts up to 1 million steps with 7-Day Memory, and includes a built-in Clock, Calendar & Sports Timer and Auto Sleep Mode technology.
- Used by professional athletes, the 4x3motion boasts an ultra slim design that fits in any pocket, and features a blue backlight for night viewing. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
I walk all the time. Whether it's just around the yard or to the mailbox or chasing after my monsters, I am frequently on the go... Literally!
The great thing about this pedometer is that you can just slip it on your neck and forget about it. It's motion activated so as soon as you shift, or shift it, it turns on. Pretty simple.
The directions make it way easy to set up. But if you don't know how wide your stride is or have never even thought of it before (guilty as charged) setting this part might seem a little weird or off. But you can guess.
I actually took the time to count my steps in relation to what the pedometer measured. It's almost spot on. That right there is awesome. I suspect that if I had programmed the stride to perfection, the count would be dead on too.
If you're looking for an easy to pedometer, that's easy to program and use then this is it. I've not tested it with any workouts, so I'm not sure how it would hold up if you were moving all over the place, but it does what it's supposed to when you're walking around.